Latest threads in Dodge Trucks Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

OIL
I was told to use 20 w 50 motor oil in my 85 ramcharger, 318 4wd, to help reduce the engine knock. Isnt this oil a little thick for a 318?? any help appreciated

Check Engine codes.
I have a 1999 Dakota Sport with a 3.9L engine and the check engine light is on. How can i get the error codes? The ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON method doesnt work on my truck. Thanks in advance. Chris.
4
4

Re: Low Level Formatting for Dumbasses
Right. "...it is not possible to low level the drive outside the factory." Low level format lays out the sectors so they're ready to contain the bits. Sooo... to clean your Windows registry, you're...
2
2

Re: Diesel.
60 AMPS? That might light your cigarettes, but not your starter. Check your battery condition. Next, voltage drop test. Got a VOA meter?

2005 dakota stereo wire colors
Anyone help out with the wire colors for a 2005 dakota stereo? Stock CD not infinity system. Thanks I really need the switched power line not constant for an amp hookup Thanks jld
2
2

Re: Stainless Steel brake lines
Thanks Tom....looking back I found I had them saved in my favorites but forgot about them. It appears that EGR is the only company that even has them available for the 2500 RAM. Theirs is a little...
1
1

loss of steering fluid on a 2001 Caravan
Our 2001 Grand Caravan suddenly is very tough to turn when going slowly. I checked the fluid resevoir and it is empty. Is is worth a try to put in more fluid, or does there have to be a leak somewhere...
1
1

Re: Shifting Strangeness 98 Ram
[snip] Thanks miles, I'll try what you suggest and report the findings tomorrow. I forgot to mention that I observe the behavior at most any operating temperature or air temperature. Another thing,...
4
4

Re: 2001 Dodge Ram Coolant
Could be heater element inside the cab. Check for wet rug. Could be head gasket. Check for high oil level and white oil foam. Generally check for deposits of green crud. Steve
1
1

Re: Diesel.
60 amps will do nothing. The starter will draw 500 + under load. Why do you think you have 2, 750 amp batteries? Steve

Re: Diesel.
If it's pulling 60 amps, hold the key in the start position and watch for the smoke and you'll find your problem.

Re: Poor fuel mileage 2004 cummins 600 3500 4x4
That sounds about right. I was told at the Cummins factory that the millage will go up a bit when I get about 50,000 miles on my Dodge. I now get 16.6 and this is with a 4.10 rear end and a 5 speed...
4
4

new tires / tire height on '01 1500 off road package
I have a '01 1500 4x4 quad cab with off road package with about 45K on the truck. I bought it used last year and it has Cooper discovery a/t LT265/70R17 tires that are about worn out. I am looking at...
4
4

Re: Still Looking, more ????
The NEW Cummins Diesel is a lot quiter. Cummins redisigned their engines in mid year 2004. The new diesels have more power, better millage, and not as noisey as before. I get approx. 16.6 miles to a...
4
4

Re: Tow hooks for front of '05 Ram
You are correct. The tow hooks on my 2004 Ram 2500 "Off-Road" do not stick out very far, but I did not want them too stick out as far as the Ford's. And they are different too. I have seen Ford's...