Well I'll become clear on my views, just to set the record straight
1) Fiats cars are great as far as I'm concerned. Style, reliability,
functionality, down to earth blinking good motors.
2) Over the years dealer support has been patchy, unreliable and here today
gone tomorrow. This is based on my 33 years of owning and driving Fiats.
3) With 2) above said THERE ARE very good, long term stable, knowledgeable
dealers out there. Trouble is one has to find them in your area.
4) Parts for Fiats over 10 years old is a lottery. If trim is required then
keep your fingers crossed.
5) Parts are on the whole well priced compaired to other makes
6) New models tend to preceed full parts supplies.This affect most if not
7) Sods law dictates that you will hit parts that are on back order from
8) I have the Fiats parts CDs/DVDs which are great. Every part you could
imagine is there to be ordered. HOWEVER custom parts for your car e.g. Keys,
Lock Sets, and other coded security parts will ALWAYS be a problem. Same
for I suspect most makes. There must be thousands of combinations per model
9) If I were to work for FIAT UK (or any other country) there is a whole
load of changes and improvements I would make. Trouble is many would cost
money and you show me a car maker with money to spare.
10) The base product as designed is good. Once it leaves the factory the
controlled environment is over and the lottery starts.