Ducato 2.8Jtd

I have two annoying problems and wonder if they are related!?

Under acceleration, at between 2200 and 3500 rpm ther is a 'screaming' from the engine compartment. It is nothing to do with the clutch or any belt slipping but sounds as if it may be some sort of resonation.

Sometimes after pushing the vehicle hard for an hour or so (Its carrying a motor caravan weighing over 3500kg), there is a sudden loss of power. The engine doesn't stop, just looses power - I think that the turbo cuts out but can't be certain. A red warning light comes on at the bottom left of the instrument panel which means some problem with the management system?? (I haven't got the manual to hand at the moment!). Stopping the engine and restarting it cures the problem but, it often re-occurs later in the journey.

The reason for asking if these may be related is that I have a diesel Audi that has just had an Exhaust Gas Recirculation Valve (EGR valve) replaced that caused the turbo to cut out under load. In this case, it happened much more often and also produced a howling noise, although different to that on the Fiat.

My local Fiat garage (40 miles away!) hasn't got the height to get my motorhome into the workshop to connect to the diagnostics and the nearest dealer that can accomodate it is over 80 miles away so I'm hoping to narrow down the problem before I take it in so that I don't have to return too many times!!

Reply to
Chris

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 22:02:36 +0100, Chris cried forth...

Are the weights between the two vehicles comparable? By that, I mean is the KSW of the caravan fully laden low enough for the KSW of the van? Just because the van has a large engine doesn't mean it is able to tow the caravan effectively.

Perhaps you could try asking on the caravan group?

Reply to
DangerScouse

Perhaps I didn't explain clearly.

It is a Fiat based motrcaravan weighing around 3500kg. I don't tow anything.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 22:41:53 +0100, Chris cried forth...

I obviously misunderstood.

Reply to
DangerScouse

Try: uk.rec.motorcaravans.

You will need to register on the Yahoo group but the amount of info and help is excellent. Use the Search Archive first for your problems.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Webb

I'm itialian so my english is so and so. I think that tha cause of your problem can be generated from a malfunction of debimeter (air flow meter) Usually this components damages.

"Chris" ha scritto nel messaggio news:bhoqlc$1m8jq$ snipped-for-privacy@ID-140121.news.uni-berlin.de...

Reply to
htmx