Fiat Cashback......A big joke!!!

I wonder if anybody took up the Fiat Cashback when they bought their car. A friend of mine has been trying for nearly a month to get Fiat to honour the cashback agreement he payed for when he bought his car 5 years ago. Fiat have palmed him off with all sorts of excuses and deny they are anything to do with the offer. Luckily he has all the brochures he looked at before buying his car and all his paperwork has been kept up to date. I look forward to finding out how Fiat respond when we see this subject come up on Watchdog and on BBC Radio 4's "You and Yours " program. It does seem very odd that every time he phones Fiat, they all know what he is talking about, but nobody is able to help. They have promised to phone back on 4 occassions and they never have. Fiat, you are a absolute disgrace. I only wish i knew this before i purchased my latest Punto. If anyone else has come across this problem, it would be good to get a list of names to give to the consumer support people.

Reply to
stumpy

Tell him to go to his local Trading Standards office and explain the situation. They should be able to sort out the problem quite quickly.

The problem with companies is that they rely too much on their marketing departments. They think up a marketing campain (e.g. cash back), and then they pluck a "take up" figure out of thin air (they guess how many people would take up their offer). Once the offer is running, more people than what they wanted would sign up and the company realise that they will loose money if the honour all signees. They treat their customers as thick and think that if they palm them off with some excuses, they will forget about what they should be entitled to.

Classic examples are: Hoover (free flights offer), Kodak (heavily discounted camera), Avon (free mobile with order over £15), AltaVista (free ISP but suspended due to more subscribers that first thought) to name but a few.

simonbray