Fiat Tipo wheels

I have a Fiat Tipo 1.4ie L reg (1994). The problem is that the rims of the steel wheels are beginning to corrode and every so often I get a slow air leak. Costs £7 each time to have 'em resealed - apart from the problem of having to check pressures daily. Anyone know how much new steel wheels cost? Alloys too expensive - I'm an OAP! (and I'm told by my tyre 'guru' that they have an even worse corrosion problem - the alloys not OAPs)

Reply to
Rod Barber

I bought a new one from fiat about 10 yrs ago and it was almost £40 then. Try your local scrap merchants, most fiats and alfas share the same PDC (distace between bolt centres) and the wheels are interchangable.

This shows the PDC etc and there's also a tyre size calculator in case you go for bigger rims, you needto ensure your new tyres give the same circumfrence as the old tyres otherwise your speedo etc will be out.

Mike

Reply to
Mike