Fiat Wheels Question

I'm looking for a set of 15 or 16 inch wheels to use on my Alfa 33 - I'm happy to use steel ones and was interested to know if Fiat produced any wheels in these diameters with a PCD of 98 and a correct offset of 38mm. (I think)

If so, does anyone have any for sale, possibly with low profile tyres?

Please come back to me on the return email address - many thanks

Adam H

Reply to
Rev. Alfa Adam

Try this link

It looks like theyare the same as all of the 4 stud fiat wheels. Although the stilo isn'tlisted thatused the same PDC etc. I believe (though never tried them) thatyou can get bolts which will allow you to use wheels with a PDC of 100 whichis a very common size and almost all alloy wheels are available in thissize.

this is a calculator to work outthe correct tyre for the wheel size you select. Mike

Reply to
Mike

Personally I would NEVER try to use 100mm PCD wheels with Fiat/Lancia/Alfa

98mm PCD mounts. The only way you can safely do this is to have the 100mm rims offset drilled to 98 PCD and possibly require new bolts as well dpending on the seat size and taper.

The smallest difference in PCD will result in repeating side thrust against the bolt as the wheel rotates resulting in bending stress and ultimate bolt failure. Not ONE bolt but all bolts very quickly one after the other. Bad News!

Reply to
Nick Bailey /////

I have to admit I was a bit nervous hence I bought some 16" fiat chrome shadow alloy wheels from E-bay. I understand it's common practice and as you don't hear about dozens of fiats/alphas throwing wheels I can only assume its safe. Bearing in mind the legal liability the bolt manufacturers/retailers would have they'd be very unwise to sell them.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Possible the lack of reports is due to the 100% non survival rate!

Fiat/Lancia/Alfa

Reply to
Nick Bailey /////