What wheels fit what?

Hi i have a 1987 110 Land Rover and i would like to know if you can fit discovery wheels on it?I have phoned two Land Rover dealers and the best answer i get is thay think disco wheels will fit.Can anyone help many thanks

Reply to
yimmyyam

Seen them fitted on an 1985 90 If that helps any.

With any wheels and tyres it's got to be try before you buy. Off-set, tyre wall height etc being the most important.

I know the Steel rims of a Disco don't have a great Offset , dunno about alloys. last thing you want is to lose any turning circle on a 110.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I have a set of 4 on the Corpse if you want some steel ones.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

thanks Lee i think your right ,its just i seen a set on ebay and my tyres need replacing so i fancied a set of alloys.

Reply to
yimmyyam

thanks Steve but i want alloys

Reply to
yimmyyam

A 1987 110 will have drum brakes at the back so alloy wheels from a discovery will NOT fit without butchering them. Steel wheels from a discovery aren't rated for appropriate loads that a 110 is rated for either so an easy get out clause for your insurers. You're looking at s/h disc braked axle or I believe there are people now making alloys for these older vehicles as well if you want new.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie

Hi William i have seen an ad in the Land Rover mag and it says it sells "18" wheels for older Landys fits classic Rangies and Discos"but they cost nearly a grand.Thats what got me thinking that i could buy disco wheels for my 110. i seen this ad at

yimmyyam