Indicators and Dashboard Lights Dead

Hi all,

Right, got into my 1998 Fiat Punto this morning. Was a bit cold, so started the engine, turned the heater on, put the rear window heater on and used the wipers intermittantly to clear a bit of frost from the front and back windows.

All fine up until now. The frost clears, and I put the indicator on to pull out and nothing happens!

On second inspection, I noticed that the whole instrument panel on the dashboard is in darkness - the fuel guague was on empty despite having half a tank, and the handbrake light and all the others weren't on.

The hazard lights and all the headlights work, it just appears that the panel and the indicators are dead.

Just wondering if anyone can shed any light (pardon the pun) on this problem. I will take it somewhere at the weeked if I have to, but it would be appreciated it anyone could give me any pointers to obvious things to check. I will have a look at the fuses tonight, but is there anything else it could be if they are okay?

Cheers, Richard

Reply to
Richard Conway