Rad part for Stilo

I have been at the dealership today to fine out that the part of the radiator that has broken will mean I will have to purchase a whole new radiator?

The part is the long black bit that screws into the radiator and then that is connected via a push fit connection to a hose to connect to the expansion bottle. Can the screw in piece to the radiator be bought anywhere else? no local factors have them

Thanks in advance

PS - I have tried gluing the 2 parts together with no luck due to the pressure

PPS - 4-5 threads made of crap plastic hold over 2" of plastic with the weight of the connection no wonder it broke!!

Reply to
Marty1a

Is it not covered by the manufacturers warranty still?

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Mike it is, but the main dealer is a complete wan*er and I honestly think the damage caused to the rad was done while it was in having the battery replaced - as the one that was in it had a piece of wood above it to keep it secure as it was the wrong battery! so I honestly don't trust them - I would rather fit the parts myself and do all the servicing on the car.

Does anyone no how to reset the service part of the computer after you service the car???

Thanks Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

It does sound like your dealer is a wan*er! As it's a fiat warranty you could take it to another dealer if there's one nearby. As for re-setting the service, I believe it needs hooking up to the dealers comuter. Servicing it yourself would surely invalidate the warranty and if anything really expensive went wrong it could cost you a packet. May even be worth taking a daytrip to another town to find a more reliable dealer if there's not another nearby.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

There is a dealer around 40 miles from me - I only really have 6 months or so to go of the 2 yr warranty - the 3rd is from the dealership I bought the car from - well that's how I read it and plus the fact the 3rd doesn't cover that much i.e.: doesn't cover general wear & tear.

What will happen when the car thinks the service is needed? Just a service light come on?

Thanks Martin

PS - Got the part fixed - it now has a metal thread rather than a plastic one so no-more breakages :-)

Reply to
Marty1a

Probaly a warning like the low fuel one on the console, just when you start it up, I can't see a light specificaly for it. I believe the dealer warranty is valid at all dealerships, it's not much different from the fiat one, i.e wear and tear on major mechanical parts. It would still be worth while in case something expensive goes wrong. Also a FSH from a dealer (or at least another garage) can make a big difference on price. If you try to tell a prospective purchaser you did the services yourself they'll wont believe you and either walk away or knock the price down, especially if px.

Mike

Reply to
Mike