Re: Cinquecento rear suspension knocking

Well, according to Fiat Sweden you can add another bushing on top of the old one. Aprox SEK 233,- each (2 on each side). It is an official Fiat action. The job is supposed to be easy as I have been told. Also told that the original bushing can not be repleced itself, the whole arm must be replaced it it is really bad. But the above action with another bushing should be considered as it would be reasonably cheap.

/Par Loner, Sweden

Reply to
parloner

Don`t know about the suspension on the Cinq, but I bought new bushings for my 94 Punto SX, and changed them in 20 min. No problem and no more knocking sounds. Don`t know why they say the old bushing can not be replaced. It`s just a rubber cushing with a bolt throug. (bad english)

Svend Norway

"parloner" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

old one. Aprox SEK 233,- each (2 on each side). It is an official Fiat action. The job is supposed to be easy as I have been told. Also told that the original bushing can not be repleced itself, the whole arm must be replaced it it is really bad. But the above action with another bushing should be considered as it would be reasonably cheap.

Reply to
Svend E Pettersen

I was told by Fiat that the original bushing is integrated in the arm and cannot be replaced. Svend, how much was the bushings in Norway? Did you replace or did you put them as a complement to the old? Did you replace all 4?

Reply to
parloner

It is a difference in what bushes Fiat talks about. The ones I did replace where the ones that sits between the rear sub-frame and the chassis. There are 4 of them. Two in front and two at the rear. I did not do anything whit the trailing arms. If these bushes are broken, then you got to renew the whole arm. (they say, but you can get new bushes and press them in. It is actally a bearing) I had knocking sounds when driving on rough roads and if I pulled the handbrake when driving. The sub-frame hits the chassis of the car. I only replaced the two in front. Out with the bolt and the old bushing, in with a new one. I belive I payed ca NOK 600,- for the two bushes.

Svend

97 Coupe 16V Norway "parloner" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com...

cannot be replaced.

Reply to
Svend E Pettersen

Hi Svend

I was told not to take the old bushing away. Just put the new one on top of the old existing. But you took the old one away. Hmm...

Fiat Sweden says "put another bushing on the old one". Better two then one?

Reply to
parloner