Tempra/Tipo

does anyone know if the Haynes Tipo manual/handbook definitely covers the Fiat Tempra?

cheers!

Reply to
Mark

Seeing as mechanically the Tempra is a Tipo with a boot, it should do. Obviously things like the boot latch may be different, but all the major parts are the same. Just remember the Haynes manual only covers the pre-91 models, and doesn't include fuel injection if I remember rightly.

Hellraiser.........>

Reply to
Hellraiser

nice one! cheers hellraiser!

Reply to
Mark

Is there any way to take a chassisnumber and find out whether it's a '91 or '92 Tipo? I mean, it'd have to have stood in a dealer's lot for quite a while to have been a '91 (with a license plate certificate issued in Oct

92), but I figure I might as well check before I go and pay goodness-knows-what for a manual for the '92.

Jasper

Reply to
Jasper Janssen

If you want to get a good idea of the date the start looking behind the fuse box at the cable looms. The have manufacturing and inspection dates on them. Try a few for good measure. The car can not have been made before the date on the cables. Not even the Italians can manage that. How long after the cable dates is a little bit more tricky, but generally all this stuff in the later 90s is 'just in time' so both the cable mfg and Fiat don't have large quantity and value of parts lying around losing money.

Reply to
Nick Bailey /////

Email me the chassis number, and I may be able to find out for you - I have the Fiat spares CD which tells you all sorts of things about your car from the chassis number.

Hellraiser.............>

Reply to
Hellraiser