Wet Trunk Stilo 3drs

Has anyone experience with a wet trunk of a Stilo (feb 2002) 3 drs. The backside of the cover in the trunk is wet and it seems that the water is coming from the underside of the car. My dealer has no experience whatsoever with this kind of trouble with a Stilo.

Greetings

Pieter

Reply to
Sixerdude

Can't speak for the Stilo, but Fiat do use seals that push over a lip, water can get under them at the top and come out at the bottom. I've taken them off, put sealant in the groove that goes over the lip, no more water (or mould). I used the clear silicone sealant that comes in cartridges, about £1.50 for the cartridge and similar for the gun at the local cut price tools emporium. Another useful tip is to turn back the floor covering and spread newspaper (or talcum powder) then look to see where the newspaper gets wet first, or where the water tracks start in the talc. You can also put the paper or talc down, then use a hosepipe, if it's coming from above it'll show up, from underneath it won't.

Reply to
ato_zee

They have drainage holes which get blocked. I found a Fiat web forum where this was a commonly asked question and the advice was to use a plastic cable tie to poke through, careful not to damage the paint-work, to unblock them. It is a problem common on most Fiats but especially on Bravas/Bravos and Stilos. I had water mysteriously appearing on the front passenger floor of my Brava whilst there was no sign of entry - turned out it was, and still is, a blocked drainage tube that I cannot work out how to reach despite photos and step by step instructions on the forum I mentioned.

Hope this helps,

John.

Reply to
John Smith