X1/9 Racer Overheating

We're looking for water pump specs, and (or) suggestions to make the cooling system more efficient. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Reply to
cubangeek

Bob P

Try the archives at :

TONS of info there about what your looking for.

Reply to
Chris

check out

and get their guide to racing preparation (X1/9). It covers water pump mods.

I've had my motor putting out 150 hp crank without mods to the cooling system, AND no fan!!!

I had an underdrive crank pulley to slow down the water pump. This is important if you're revving constantly. Larger front rad "surface" area helps, not more cores.

Cheers

Reply to
M.R.S.