69 Firebird Rear Length's?

Hi - I need to confirm the axle housing length for a 1'st Gen Firebird. I know the overall length is 61" from drum to drum but what is the housing length?

Thanks!!

Reply to
Bird Guy

Bird Guy Spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in :

I will admit that I don't know, but am curious myself. So, I googled around a bit. Here's the most promising link I have found so far...

Hope that helps some.

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

From axle flange to axle flange on 67' thru 69' Camaros the width is

54 - 1/4". Spring perch center is 42 - 7/16". It should be the same for the Firebird.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird

Some are wise and some are otherwise

Reply to
RSCamaro

The axle shaft length is 29- 33/64" for the 10 bolt and 29- 9/16" for the 12 bolt rears. I'm not sure you wanted that part but there it is anyway.

...Ron

--

68' RS Camaro 88' Formula Bird

Some are wise and some are otherwise

Reply to
RSCamaro

Thanks for the info! This seems different then what I'm measuring. How are you measuring the spring perch - is it inside edge of one side to center of the other or is it center to center? Also, do you also have 61" overall length from outside edge - drum to drum?

Thanks!!

Reply to
Joe Papa

Those numbers came out of "Chevrolet by the Numbers". The overall dimentions are from flange to flange. That would be where the end of the rear housings are or without any brake parts on it. The spring dimentions are from center to center.

...Ron