front license plate frame... 77 or 78 firebird... where do I get one?

Does anyone know where I can get a front license plate frame for a 77 or 78 Firebird? My car came from a state that did not require front license plates, and now I live in a state that requires them, and I cannot attach the front plate to the car. The nosepiece is also not flat on the car so I need something that will hold the plate. The only place I can think is the salvage yard, but these cars are long gone from the yards already. It is also a rather unusual thing to be needing. Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Reply to
njot

Try SLP. They make one that is for the 98-02 F-body that should work. All it is -is an agled piece of metal that attaches under the bumper. This way you can run a front plate without damaging the grill. Take a look at it, I'm sure it would work for you.

d666e

You also might try YearOne to get the 'correct' frame.

Reply to
d666e

I took mine off of my 2000 camaro as I live in KY and it is not required. If you think it will fit, you can have mine.

-CoolCamaroCowboy

CLICK HERE

You could always do it the hoosier-legal way and just toss your front license plate in the passenger side dash; that's what my friend did on his 96 formula and no one has said anything...

Reply to
FBodyFreak

Depending upon the area you live in, You may or may not find a car in a salvage yard with the parts you need. First Tip: Look in the local yellow pages under; Auto Parts Used, Auto Salvage, Auto Wrecking. You should find a few listing for Salvage Yards. Call around, look for pull your own parts type place, or yards advertising a wide year selection.

If that fails get your local newspaper, or car trader/trading post. Look for ads where someone is parting one out. You might find more then just your plate frame.

Your next resource is New Body Parts Supply Shops. A lot of Second Gen parts are available that way, with out having to order from a catalog.

After That a good weekend at a swap meet, E bay, or a call to one of the many Restoration Parts Retailers (ie:Year One, The Paddock, Harrmon's)should yield you a plate frame, with hardware. Charles

Reply to
Charles Bendig

$22.50, not to mention they have a $25.00 min purchase. For a part I could have made at any sheet metal shop for $10.00. Never mind it would look Horrid on a 1977 Firebird. Charles

Why do the tasteless always want to ruin F-bodies?

Reply to
Charles Bendig

Thanks everybody. You all had some great ideas. I'll see if I can find one.

Reply to
njot