prius 2002 front license plate

Does any one know how I can install a license plate on it with locking nuts? Do I have to unscrew the front bumper or is there another way? I have really neat personalized plates that I don't want to get stolen. They say "ELVN KIN" :)

Reply to
~consul

You have 3 options if you are concerned about the front license plate:

1) Install a fastener that requires a more unusual driver ie., Torx, Allen, Square Drive, etc. 2) Go to a plumbing specialty store and install tamper-proof fasteners like those used in public bathroom stalls 3) Install a one-way tamper proof screw - this screw cannot easily be removed once installed. 4) Remove the front bumper cover and install locking nuts.
Reply to
Ray O

Yeah, I got one of those tamper proof ones, and the locking nut had to go on the inside, so it seems that I will have to remove the bumper. Okay, I thought I was missing something easy to see.

Reply to
~consul