How to stop horn going off when locking (4th gen)?

Hi all, just picked up my 98 Firebird from the dock today (shipped from Miami into Bristol, UK). Not got a user manual for it, and when you lock it using the remote the horn sounds twice. Not exactly subtle, and could annoy neighbours late at night! Is there a way to stop it doing this? Sure I'll think of lots less-trivial questions over the next couple of weeks...

Cheers, Dan

Reply to
Dan Roberts

Lessee.... from the book; Turn the key on... turn the key off.... kills the alarm Pull the RADIO fuse then turn the key to ACC. Should chime twice I think Press the remote lock button and count the chimes. you'll probably hear 2 or 3 chimes. Cycle thru pressing the lock button getting 1 thru 4 chimes until you get what you want.

4 chimes flashes the parking lights (and fog lights if they're on) when locking. 1 chime doesn't do a thing when it locks up but it does lock.

Turn off the key and put the fuse back. Test it.

~~~~~~ Bait for spammers: root@localhost postmaster@localhost admin@localhost abuse@localhost postmaster@[127.0.0.1] snipped-for-privacy@ftc.gov ~~~~~~ Remove "spamless" to email me.

Reply to
Overlord