Re: Gas prices aren't dropping

Nonsense. The world oil price is set by OPEC, and everybody pays the same price(*), regardless of who they buy from. Crude oil landed at Houston or pipelined across the Canadian border costs the same as oil landed at Rotterdam or Milford Haven.

bp

(* With small variations for product quality and shipping costs)

Reply to
Barry Posner

And that is why gas costs more, right? Because it is cheaper to manufacture? You proved one of my points already.

Environmental

What email? Isn't this the usenet?

Prove it. Please reference your statement to current medical records.

Your statement: "> Was it bad the MTBE got into some water supplies? Yes. Did it hurt the

Your statement says that it did not harm 95% of the people. So what happened to the other 5%? Changing your story and backpedling?

Added CO(1) and HC? I was saying ozone, but if you want to change the subject so you sound like you actually know what you are talking about, fine. Post a link to some independent test results. Post a link to information stating that injuries related to ozone have DECREASED since the introduction of MTBE. That is what I'm asking for. Too bad you didn't understand that.

Nice how you edited out my links to reliable information and the excerpts I posted proving you to be wrong. Your still dribbling,

Brian

Reply to
Led Sleddin'

Gas doesn't cost more. The component that is left after taxes and crude prices is about the same. It has decreased to some degree because of technology improvements, and increased to some degree due to increased regulatory requirements. Adjusted for inflation, it has been fairly mean-reverting, although not without significant volatility in some markets.

My e-mail address is quite clearly a university. Hence, it is unlikely that I work for an oil company.

You do understamd that cars do not create ozone, right? That they produce precursor chemicals, such as Co and hydrocarbons that react in the presence of sunlight and oxygen to create low-level ozone. Do you understand that?

The California Air resources Board is quite clear about the benefits that have accrued from the use of reformulated gasoline.

Are you claiming that there is no benefit to be had from using RFG? I believe the American Lung Association has a lot of good information on the health hazards of low-level ozone. But I'm not going to do all the work for you.

That statement doesn't make much sense. Do you mean "you're still dribbling", or are you referring to a leak from a distillation device? If you are, the phrase should be "your still is dribbling". But I don't own a still.

I apologize for being snarky if English isn't your first language.

bp

Reply to
Barry Posner

I wouldn't call it deregulation but over regulation. The utilities were forced to sell off all of their generation capacity but restricted to buying power on the short term market. I don't know how anyone bought into that as the spot market is where the big bucks are made. That's why all those old simple cycle peakers are still in operation. Inefficient as anything but the price of the power they generate is astronomical compared to long term contract power.

Dave

Reply to
poncho462

Led Sleddin' rambled on about something in :

Re: MTBE's. Didn't CA outlaw them, or quit using them a few years back? Something (IIRC) about them causing cancer...

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

On whose part? The government's? Think about it next time you go into a hospital you don't pay zillions in insurance premiums for...

DAS

--

Reply to
Dori Schmetterling

Barry Posner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu:

Shhhh! Don't say those things! Everyone _knows_ that business owners are all greedy so-and-so's who ought to be paying 100% of the gross business income out as salaries. Just ask the AFL-CIO... ;)

Reply to
GAlan

Barry Posner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu:

Explain why the EPA has pulled back on their recommendation of MTBE and has sued the fuel companies for MTBE contamination of groundwater? The EPA ought to be sued for mandating MTBE use in the first place!

Reply to
GAlan