Re: Door Pin replacement

>How hard is it to change the door pins & bushings on the 86 IROC ? >As I will have to get at this it weekend ?

Not too easy. I have been putting this off on my 84 T/A. GM had this bright idea of welding the hinges to the door. The top hinge also doesn't have replaceable bushings and will need to be cut off and a new one from GM welded on if its badly worn.

The lower hinge has replaceable bushings. You'll need to grind off the little tabs that keep the pin from falling out. Then the old bushings should pop out.

Easiest way to do it is to pull the doors off the car but to do that the fenders have to be taken off first.

Reply to
Dennis Smith