When Selling a Car Online - Beware of this email !

I am posting this because I am selling my car online and received this email. I did some research, due to the reply I got back sounding very suspicious, to find out this is an auto scam that is getting a lot of people - so I just wanted people to be aware, in case they were like me and had never heard of this before. This will save you research time if you get one of these.

This is the beginning email that is sent (I received 2 of these - but will only post 1)

I;m interested in your purchasing car,please

acknowledge the offer and indicate the present > location of the item WITH YOUR BOTTOM LAST PRICE IN > FIGURE, so that I can make arrangement for payment > to > get to you as soon as possible. thanks > > Contact: ray jones > Phone: 5143705851 > Email: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com > Best time to contact: Anytime > Best contact method: Email

Here's what you get back when you respond to the email for more information:

Reply to
JM