00 Ford Explorer Difference Between XLS and XLT

whats the difference between a Ford Explorer XLS and XLT ??? What Cost More the XLS or the XLT? I have a 00 Explorer XLS and I like it.... Eddie

Reply to
Eddie Collins

The XLS is a little less $$ with less options than the XLT. Usually the XLS comes with the OHV V6 as opposed to the SOHC V6 in the XLT. Other than that they are pretty much twins.

Reply to
Mikepier

like mikepier said the xls is a lesser model the xls comes with grey plastic wheel well trim and the xlt come with painted trim

Reply to
mab6680

There was a bigger difference between the xl and the xlt on the earlier models than there is now between the xls and xlt. I have a 1994 xl, it's got no roof rack. smaller tires. basic radio, manual crank windows, manual locks less frills all around.

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
Eddie Collins