1996 Ford Explorer Heater Vent

On my 1996 Ford Explorer, the heater blows hot air in vent and air conditioning mode. In Max Air cool air does blow. Heater works but temperature selection does not lower temperature of air blown in.

Reply to
Hynesd2004

I have exactly the same problem with my 1997 model, the tempreture control knob does nothing to change the tempreture, l have changed the control, it's all controlled elcetroniocally no cables used, just blowing hot all the time.

Reply to
buster123

Dealer wanted $800 to fix my 97 Explorer which sounds like your problems. I removed white air dam motor/control unit located below glove box. Air dam shaft broken, made metal duplicate piece. Go to dealer parts and look at motor unit to see location of mount screws. Removing the motor is the hard part

Reply to
dandoldgoat

This subject has been about beat to death around here.... Google up variations on the key words and you'll se the various permutations of kvetching and fixing....

Reply to
Jim Warman

You mean there are some people that STILL haven't heard of the popular "Blend Door Problem"?

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Thanks for the info, I shall check things out again.

Dave

Reply to
Hynesd2004

Thanks for the info.... I shall check it out.

Dave

Reply to
Hynesd2004