97 ABS sensitive

Hi,

I have a '97 Explorer in the UK.

For the last 2 years I have hardly seen my ABS work, suddenly it is there all the time.

Allways at 2-3 mph as i turn left, brdrdrdrdrdrdrrdr, no brakes and the car pulls right!

The local dealer looked at it and said they couldnt reproduce the problem. On the way home it happened again on a 'high grip' non slip surface at a junction!

Is this a known prob?

Terry

Reply to
tkmobile

Check the speed sensors on the front wheels. Mud, broken teeth, bad connectors will all cause this.

Bill Funk Change "g" to "a"

Reply to
Big Bill

Reply to
Maggie Crawford

thanks Maggie,

this is getting a bit much for me while still under warranty, off to the dealer again i think!

Reply to
tkmobile