1996 Ford Explorer that turns over but will not start. Not fuel pump.

Occurs about 5 p.m. and on very hot days, so far. When tester is touched to fuse or wires wiggled in the back access panel, it starts and then won't act up again
until 1-2 weeks later. It's always something different that makes it start. 2 hours of diagnostics at the dealership didn't get me anywhere. The fuel pump was replaced about a year ago. Once it starts, it runs well and starts again without problems for about 2 weeks. My neighbor says it's haunted.
replying to Broken Down Old Broad, Broken Down Old Broad wrote:

Turned out to be a short in the wiring to the fuel pump.
On Fri, 30 Aug 2013 18:18:01 +0000, Broken Down Old Broad

Where was the location of the short?
replying to Ashton Crusher , Broken Down Old Broad wrote:

No idea. Refused to start again last Wed. afternoon, so I called the dealership service department. They were able to diagnose and fix it the next morning.