01 in dash 6 cd player

I recently got a CD stuck in my CD player. I have removed a CD from the unit, but it wasn't the one that got stuck. Now also my unit won't move through CDs. Can anyone help me with how to remove the CD player from the dash??? I could just start ripping out bolts, but I would like to do this easily. Thanks

Reply to
Clayton1970

Isn't there a special tool for this. My book shows two holes for a removal tool to be inserted.

Reply to
John Riggs

There is a special tool(s) for this.... simply a pair of U shaped wire release tools that fit in the holes on either side of the deck. Nails will work in a pinch but it's hard to co-ordinate all four of them.

Insert to tools so that the points are ever so slightly angled outward in about 3/4 inch or so, spread the U portion slightly outward and remove the deck. The CD 6 player isn't really one of the best decks in the world - I think you'll find that there is a new player in your future.

HTH

Reply to
Jim Warman

I have the same problem with the player in my '02. In my case, at least, the unit does not have these holes (I know what you are describing, since the radio in my Ranger does, in fact, have them).

Any other ideas on how to get the unit out of the dash?

Thanks'

Clayt> I recently got a CD stuck in my CD player. I have removed a CD from the

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

Take the trim off from around the radio and unbolt the radio. Ford has given up on the "tooless" install - at least on newer SUVs.

Ed

Bill Jeffrey wrote:

Reply to
C. E. White