CD/Clock/Radio Lights Out

Hi,

I'm wondering if the following problem is 'fixable' without replacing the entire CD/Radio/Cassette/Clock:

The vehicle is a 2000 Nissan Quest van. It has the manufacturer installed CD/Radio/Cassette/Clock.

The unit plays just fine, but the lights in the radio/cd/clock panel are out. These are the lights that show the radio station you're tuned to, the cd track that's playing, the volume level, the tone, the time, etc. They are green in color and look like the lights in a digital clock radio.

These are not the lights that show through the translucent buttons that are back light by lightbulbs, which are working, and they are not LCD type lights. I think they are miniature LEDs.

I imagine, but I'm not sure, that there is no one power line that feeds these lights, but that the power for these lights is generated by a circuit within the unit. This makes me think that there is no way to fix this problem, other than replacing the entire unit for about $800!

(I've checked all fuses, even though I don't this is relevant.)

I've tried to get the unit out just to look around, but it's very difficult. The dealer wants a minimum $350 to remove and send out for repairs.

The warranty was 3yr/36K miles. The vehicle is 33 months/38K miles.

Sincerely, Bruce

Reply to
Parcxman

buy a new stereo at

Im Right

sounds like it's line that feeds these lights.

Doesnt sound like it's your raido

I would check my wireing. Nissan raido's die a slow death. my .02

Reply to
Lord Biotree