2000 Explorer 4.0 Airbag light

Airbag lights blinks off and on while driving and then stays on. Repeats cycle every time I recrank car. Any ideas? Thanks

Reply to
frank27603

You'll need to have the RCM (Restraints Control Module) checked for codes..... in our area, the problem is generally related to seatbelt pretensioners but I've also seen other faulty parts.

Since the airbags are pyrotechnic devices and the pretensioners are explosive, I'd recommend having repairs done by a competent shop. Things going wrong can make it so you can't count past nine (in the case of pretensioners) to not counting at all (in the case of the bags).

HTH.

Jim Warman