2000 Explorer XLT Cassette Question

I have the standard radio (with single front-loading CD player) in my 2000 XLT.

I'm trying to turn OFF the A/B function on my cassette player, so that the tape does NOT flip over if its at the end.

I need to do this because I am using a cassette adapter for my iPod to play through my stereo, and the cassette must be played repeatedly on side A.

Does anybody know how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Gisele

Yes- does your adapter actually cause the A/B switch to occur? If it does. get a different adapter, as yours is broken, or possibly your cassette player is switching sides prematurely because it needs adjustment, but this is unlikely.

The cassette adapters I have seen use an little belt between the pulleys to keep the end-of-tape sensor from kicking in, probably the belt inside the adapter is broken.

Reply to
Mark Olson

I just bought the adapter today, so I hope it isn't defective. The instructions on the box say something like "if your cassette player has an A/B function, set the controls to play side A". I'm not sure if that is possible. Any idea?

Thanks!

Reply to
Gisele