cassette adaptor device to play MP3

Hi,

I have a factory cassette sterio for 98 sub legacy. I want to purchase a cassette adapter so that I can plan MP3/CD through the tape player. I bought one but the factory cassette player kicks out the adaptor after switching from a to b etc (makes that sound anyway) so it believes it should see a tape... What can I do to "fake out" the tape player or is there a specific brand cassette adaptor that you recommend?

Thanks,

Djay

Reply to
djay

You need a better one -- one that turns both spindles. The tape deck probably sees only one turning & not the other & thinks the tape is broken.

Just a guess.

Josh Assing

I dunno how much thisll help, but i just put ion an mp3/cd deck..put me back 170$ for parts/install/warranty and its alot more stable than runnig it through the cassette deck.

Reply to
JonathanMichaelCosgrove

I gave up on the cassette adapters, and now use the little FM transmitters that you can tune the radio to instead.

Reply to
Ken Finney

On 2006-02-15, Ken Finney penned:

[new poster]

Which model are you using? I have one that plugs into the bottom port of my iPod (not the mini jack), so it can charge while playing music, but it only allows a limited number of stations (two integers plus four decimals for a total of eight stations). In town, there's a lot of interference.

I wish that I could just plug my iPod straight into my stereo system. I have a 2004 WRX wagon, and as far as I know that's not possible without replacing the stereo.

Reply to
Monique Y. Mudama

I have a simple Sony tape adapter that worked well for me for a few years.

I highly recommend getting a new head unit though...it's more convenient than a tape player, and the sound quality is a lot better. I had never installed one before last week, but it turned out to be really easy. If you have the money, I recommend it.

Reply to
thomashanno

I just have a real generic one I bought at Fry's for $19.95. iRock, I believe.

Reply to
Ken Finney

GET A NEW HEAD UNIT!!!!!

Reply to
bigjim

to offer a diverging opinion, I tried an fm transmitter and it performed very, very poorly. i live in an urban area, and the interference was so bad, the fm transmitter was really worthless. I have the belkin brand fm transmitter, but i've not heard good things about any of them.

my recommendation would be the cassette adapter (if you can get it to work) or a new head unit w/ an mp3/4 player input.

Reply to
lkreh

One alternative is an FM modulator such as this:

Good luck,

Ben

Reply to
Cixcos