2000 XLT ABS Light

I have a 2000 XLT and the ABS light is always on. I have read through old posts and found that older models have a diag connector that can be shorted to get the ABS light to flash the trouble code. I think the ABS system changed a bit in 97 and I can't find a single wire connector near the parking brake. Anyone know how to get the trouble code for a 2000. Have the codes changed also? Can anyone post the newer ones?

Reply to
Darrin Gieger

Codes on your 2000 are retrieved using a scan tool plugged into the DLC (Data Link Connector) under the dashboard - I'm not sure if AutoZone has scanners that will communicate with the entire network but they're worth a shot.

There are too many codes to list them all here - all codes will be 5 digit, one letter (in this case most likely a 'C' but possibly a 'P') followed by 4 numbers.

HTH.

Jim Warman

Had the same trouble, 6 months ago had the lite for a week. The abs were working OK so I opened the relay box under the hood, and taped on all the relays a couple seemed lose when I taped on the they seem to seat. started the truck the lite was out., and has not come on since......

Reply to
Dorothy