2001 XLT squeak-front end

Trying to determine the cause of squeaking (almost sounds like an amplified version of the squeak a stair makes in your house when you step on it) from the front end on my 2001 XLT. Prevalent when I turn the steering wheel, or when I go over dips in the road or bumps. When I push down on the front end (on both the driver's and passenger's side), I can get the same response, so it's not taking much to get this sound. The car's got 47000 miles on it and I started to hear it when the weather got colder (20-30 degrees), although I can't remember it being this pronounced during previous winters. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Dry inner or outer tie-rods