2002 FE XLT V8- Driver's side power window stopped working.

This happened last night out of the blue. All three other windows work fine. Everything else electrically works fine so I don't believe its a blown fuse (unless there's a separate fuse for each power window?). I am 4 hours from home and its quite cold out. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem before and if so what they did to fix it. I suppose I can go to home depot and find some clear 4mil plastic to cover it up temporarily but I'm really hoping for a fix. It seems like there's an easy one. I don't have a fuse tester on me unfortunately.

Any thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

Reply to
Some Dude

hermanmunster

Push the switch and slam door shut @ the same time, it will loosen the motor, if it happens more often , replace motor

Reply to
johanb

Johanbg-

Another way of doing it is holding the switch and banging on the inside of the door. I did that and the motor unjammed and came right up. I won't be opening that window until at least Spring, the cost to fix the motor is ridiculous.

Thanks

Reply to
Some Dude

Johanbg-

Another way of doing it is holding the switch and banging on the inside of the door. I did that and the motor unjammed and came right up. I won't be opening that window until at least Spring, the cost to fix the motor is ridiculous.

Thanks

Reply to
Some Dude

That is how it got stuck in the first place, not using it

Reply to
johanb