power window 2002 sable LS

Rear drives side power window stopped working. Does anyone know if windows are individually fused or one fuse for all. I hate to start pulling door panels off if I don't have too. Rear window is never used . I hope its a connection and not the motor. Any help will be welcome. Thanks

Reply to
LAWRENCE PERFETTO

Turn on the dome light. Watch the light closely as you push the button for the window, key on of course. If the light dims briefly (do it 3-4 times, it can be hard to see) the wiring and switches are ok. Occasionally the motors 'stick' from lack of use. To free it up: Turn the key on Open the door Hold the switch in the Down Position Rap the door hard with the side of your fist or a rubber mallet. Hit it down low about halfway back. Lube the run channels and operate the window fully in both directions 5-6 times.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

Start removing the door panel, WBMS. The windows least used are the ones to fail sooner. The reason is the switch contact become corroded from non use. When they are used the corrosion leads to arcing that erodes the contacts. That is why us collectors make it a point to run all of the switches on our vehicles as part of the 30/30 rule

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter