2002 Ford Explorer Airbag Lite Stays On ...

IS this serious, PAst my 36 K warranty-How expensive is this to fix ??? thx, Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Tucker

Chuck....the airbag system is just another one of those silly little nuisances designed to save your life..... I'm a little confused about your concept of "serious". As long as the light is on, the airbag system is disabled... totally..... both sides...

Without codes, I can only guess.... usual problem is seatbelt pretensioner... usual location is drivers seat. Without any real diagnosis, it's still a crap shoot. Sorry, I'm not sure what pretensioners cost....

Jim Warman

Reply to
Jerzy (Jurek) Rakoczynski

IS this serious, PAst my 36 K warranty-How expensive is this to fix ??? thx, Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Tucker

Gosh Jim, sounds like you might have seen a few of these. My 2002 was in twice for that exact thing. First time they replaced the pretensioner, second time the harness associated with it under a TSB or such. No more blinky light.

Reply to
DriveSpy