2003 Aviator arbitration successful

I've posted here a few times about the whine my Aviator produces at

10-15MPH and again around 40. The dealer had replaced the differential and then Ford declared that this was normal and no further attempt would be made to address the issue and my only recourse was arbitration so I started on the process.

During this time my power steering started making weird vibration at parking lot speeds. Unfortunately intermittent and not reproducible easily.

At my 10,000 interval I took the vehicle in to another dealer and mentioned my problems. Their tech said it was a trans problem and they got permission to replace it. Unfortunately, still had the whine.

The arbitration board decided in my favor and Ford has to refund me the full price of the vehicle (after paying off the loan first of course).

Now I'll go buy my second choice -- an Acura MDX. Not as powerful of an engine, but at least it'll be a quality vehicle...

Reply to
Rupa Schomaker

Herb? Is that you?

When I was SUV-shopping last I noticed the Pilot and MDX were entirely too similar to warrant much price difference.

Oh yeah, your yuppie neighbors won't be as impressed with the H logo. :P

JS

Reply to
Jacob Suter

Don't be so sure of yourself. My ex has one and it is a POS. Hoepfully you won't have to have your engine block smeared with JB Weld to stop oil from leaking through the porus casting. And hopefully your transmisison won't burp it guts out. And hopefully your rear suspension won't sound like there is a body in the trunk. As far as I can tell, you'd be better off getting the Pilot. All the same problems, but at a much better price (and it look a heck of a lot better too).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White