Re: multifunction control

Could someone please re-post the links that explain how to replace the

> multifunction control mounted on the turn signal? My '95 XLT's is shot.

Which functions are shot?

Reply to
SkyOrDie

I'm not sure of the page you're looking for but the multi-function switch is a pretty straightforward do....

Disconnect the battery. Remove the tilt lever. Remove three screws from the lower shroud - seems to me there are more than three holes so work carefully. Remove the lower shroud. Turn the key to "Run" - on the lower side of the lock cylinder bore you should see a hole with a shiny pin in the middle.... push in on the pin and pull the lock cylinder out (try not to turn it if mechanical things get to you). Also, I can't recall what the key in sense brush looks like..... these are usually tiny and very, very flimsy..... they will break if you look cross-eyed at them so be careful but not anal. Remove the upper steering column shroud.

The multifunction switch is held on by two screws - T20 if I'm not mistaken. Reverse the disassembly procedure and Bob's yer uncle.

Good luck.

Jim Warman

Reply to
Ratbert