2005 Explorer XLT 4.0 Liter V-6

Vehicle has approx. 30,500 miles. Filled up with Exxon 87 octane gas in Jackson, Mississippi on Wednesday morning, and less than 10 miles later the engine started running very poorly and the "check engine" light started flashing....then it died on the side of the road. Got it cranked again and made it to a parking lot where it died again. Called Ford roadside assistance and had it towed to a local dealership. They ran the diagnostics tests and said that it had 2 bad fuel injectors (number 3 & 6 cylinders). They replaced the injectors (which they did not keep in stock, by the way, so we were stuck there overnight), but they say that did not rectify the problem. Fuel filter was changed and gas sampled OK, so they tell me.Now I'm told they are dismantling the engine to find the root cause of the problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
wbmcshane