Rough Idle on a 4.0 liter '92 Explorer

Actually it's more of a cough and it is very minor. It is minor enough that I don't get an engine warning light, and it passed my last state emission check.

It only happens when in gear and stopped. If I place it in neutral or park, or am driving, I don't feel it. Cold or warm (weather and engine temperature) it's always the same.

I've: replaced the fuel filter replaced the plugs replaced the plug wires checked the timing flushed the injectors

and none of those seemed to make any difference.

I've checked the history of the group and don't think I've seen anyone else with a similiar problem.

Any ideas? Thx in advance.

Reply to
dfwskier

Actually it's more of a cough and it is very minor. It is minor enough that I don't get an engine warning light, and it passed my last state emission check.

It only happens when in gear and stopped. If I place it in neutral or park, or am driving, I don't feel it. Cold or warm (weather and engine temperature) it's always the same.

I've: replaced the fuel filter replaced the plugs replaced the plug wires checked the timing flushed the injectors

and none of those seemed to make any difference.

I've checked the history of the group and don't think I've seen anyone else with a similiar problem.

Any ideas? Thx in advance.

Reply to
dfwskier

im responding because the 92 takes a hot plug 52.00 at ford, napa 7.99 aplug i noticed a big differance with original plugs plugs are AWFS 42C

Reply to
cheap196

Hi, In USA you can also try rockauto.com i bought plugs for my 1998 explorer and other parts for my husband US olds cars (he collects them), price is OK. plugs motorcraft 3.90 $ and in france 26 euro each (about 32 $) have a nice day claude from france

Reply to
Cindory