91wont start- explorer xlt, 4.0, auto OD, 4x4, full frame, manual locking hubs

ok i hacked a hole in the floor because i thought it was the feul pump, I stopped hearing it prime. so now i got it wired directly, the pump goes and she gets gas now. i hit the white button on the relay and the red light comes on but still wont start. funny how it conked out, she would run just barely at maybe 250 rpm, just sputtering quietly barely turning over on her own. as soon as i gave some gas, she conked out. I dont hear any fuel pump kick in primer mode when i turned the ignition on after this problem started. checked all fuses twice, will check again but pretty sure i am not that blind. before i bought it, it had a alarm in it the guy de-installed professionally. any help would be appreciated, any thoughts on the matter, any ideas in general

Reply to
mat_jones

Just because its running, ie the fuel pump, doesnt mean its providing enough fuel pressure. Which could be the fuel pump, or the regulator.

I've never seen soo many people so afraid of dropping a fuel tank.

Whitelightning

Reply to
Whitelightning

changed the fuel pump, no different, not the fuel pump its getting gas could it be the ships computer? it gets spark... it cranks over... no fuel pump kicking in.... wired direct, working... getting gas when i check the bleeder valve in fuel line at engine.... perhaps the injectors are not working as per ships computer is NFG?

under the hood it mentions something about a fuel pump shut off switch? and ideas where this might be?

Reply to
mat_jones

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:53:56 +0000, mat_jones rearranged some electrons to say:

Did you check if the fuel pump relay was OK? Plugged fuel filter? What is the pressure at the fuel rail? There's a lot of things you should check before you cut more holes in the floorboards.

Inertia cut-off switch usually located under the passenger side kick panel (check owner's manual to be sure).

Reply to
david

code reader feedback registering 000. code reader sending signals to cpu, no reply.... cpu problem? when ignition is on, power getting to cpu from incoming wires any advice, tips etc would be appreciated

Reply to
mat_jones

maybe the fuel filter is partially plugged. old john

Hello, mat_jones! You wrote on Mon, 10 Mar 2008 15:59:01 GMT:

mj> ok i hacked a hole in the floor because i thought it was the feul pump, mj> I stopped hearing it prime. so now i got it wired directly, the pump mj> goes and she gets gas now. i hit the white button on the relay and the mj> red light comes on but still wont start. mj> funny how it conked out, she would run just barely at maybe 250 rpm, mj> just sputtering quietly barely turning over on her own. as soon as i mj> gave some gas, she conked out. mj> I dont hear any fuel pump kick in primer mode when i turned the mj> ignition on after this problem started. checked all fuses twice, will mj> check again but pretty sure i am not that blind. mj> before i bought it, it had a alarm in it the guy de-installed mj> professionally. mj> any help would be appreciated, any thoughts on the matter, any ideas in mj> general

With best regards, snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net. E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
<ajeeperman