Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

94 EB 4x4 intake gasket procedure
Last week I torqued down my lower intake manifold bolts hoping to solve the "mysterious" coolant leak that leaves no drips anywhere. Well a week after I have done this I am still lossing coolant....
1
1

P0756 Code
My 96 Explorer 4.0 4wd A/T with 76k mi is not shifting into 2nd or shifting late and the "overdrive off" light stays on. the scanner picked up a P0756 code that translates to Shift Solenoid B......

97 Ford Explorer alarm problem
Due to an incident with snow chains, my electrical is messed up. Windows won't work, door locks won't work and alarm won't work. How can I manually disable alarm so I can move the car someplace to fix...
4
4

01 Explorer Sport 17k miles, sometimes shudders when starting.....
Howdy - I have a 2001 Explorer Sport with less than 18,000 miles on it. Once in a while I have problems starting it. If I start it, park it & start it again within a short period of time it sometimes...

99 Explorer - No control of AC / Compressor
Either it's the age of the truck, or it has been designed this way. Latley (and what seems to have been always) - the darn A/C compressor is engaging when I do not want it to. This has been bothering...
5
5

Is is necessary to decarb your engine?
I have a '99 Explorer Sport with normal driving conditions and 54,000 miles. I took my Explorer into the dealership today because the check engine light was on. They hooked it up and I needed a new...
5
5

Double-Din Radios
I was interested in purchasing a new radio for my '01 Sport, but hate the pocket look of a single din radio. Has anyone successfully installed a Double-Din sized radio into the slot for an Explorer...
1
1

IAC Valve or AIR bY PASS VALVE
Hi, again claude from france. I wonder what the difference is between the 2 parts, because whith the number on the part of my vehicle, i find Air by pass valve in catalog. Is there a difference, or I...
3
3

Ford Explorer Wont Start
I ihave recently been having trouble with my 1999 explorer eddie bauer. Occasionally when you get in it wont start. I changed the batteried in my security remote but it still wont start. dont think it...
3
3

Trailer rentals for Explorers -- perhaps an old topic
This is my first post to this or any news group since about 1999. Since U-Haul will not rent trailers to go behind Explorers, are there any other options for one-way trailer rentals? What is the...
2
2

Looking for advice to buy newer Explorer
I own a 97 Limited 4WD SOHC with 118k miles and i've been told by a shop that the transmission went. The fluid is a dark nasty color and when it gets hot it stops moving. If I let it cool it drives...
3
3

Colder spark plug info
Can anyone give the part number for a colder plug than a AC/DELCO R44LTS. Long story short... I want to switch to a colder plug to troubleshoot the pinging in my Explorer 94. Thanks, Sam in Raleigh.
1
1

oil change
I'm having trouble locating the oil pan and thus the oil plug, is there a schematic diagram available? I have changed the oil on a few other vehicles, but not a Ford .......please help me. Thank you.
2
2

94 Explorer license plate bulb socket part # ??
I went to replace my license plate bulb today and noticed the socket is corroded and needs to be replaced. I went to napa and several other autoparts to find a generic bulb socket that will fit into...
3
3

2001 Ford Explorer Starting Problem
Hi, I'm hoping someone can figure this out. My wife has a 2001 Ford Explorer with the V6 4.0. We were having a problem to where it would not crank without pressing the accelarator and I thought I had...
9
9