Latest threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Computer Location - 2002 Sport Trac
Hi, Hoping you could help me. I'm looking for the location of the computer control box (module). I'm trying to find the keyless entry code for a 2002 Sport Trac. I know on the Explorer it's inside the...
1
1

Thinking on buying
Hi all, I am looking at buying a 1994 Explorer with about 145,000 km's on it. I have owned Jeeps for a few years and know what to look for on them, any thing special and particular I should be looking...
4
4

97 ford explorer 5.0 liter drive abilty prolbems
Idles fine, then when in drive it shudders and stops. Runs very rough. Some days it will clear up and runs fine for so long 1 day 2 days then this prolbem crops up again. Fuel pressure WHILE having...
4
4

rear end question - 1995-2001 Explorer - 8.8
Hi, Could someone answer these questions concerning Explorer rear axle assemblies from 1995 through 2001? I plan to convert my existing rear end to a Ford 8.8. 1. I have been told Explorers 95-01 come...

Replacing factory CD Player, 05 Explorer
I'm taking out the factory CD player in my explorer. I've read that you have to pretty much pry off the piece of plastic surrounding all the controls but can't really find a good place to start it....
2
2

'97 Explorer Strange Starting Problem
I'm having a problem with my '97 (4.0 OHV). It seemed like the longer it sat the longer it was taking to start when cranking the engine. I thought it was a fuel problem but a few days ago it wouldn't...

97 ford explorer blinking 4wd and 4wdlow lights
Hi everyone I am writing to see if anyone know anything about blinking 4x4 lights on dash, my truck is always in auto and today it started to blink when I reached a certain speed. I am a woman and...
7
7

OBD2 check engine code readers and erasers
Some were asking about OBD2 check engine code readers and erasers. This EBAY store has them too and the auctions start at 1 cent !! Good Luck.
1
1

Rear shock absorbers and self levelling suspension
The ride on my well serviced 1998 Explorer has become extremely harsh. The car has 60,000 and no known faults. The suspension light is not on. Has anyone the schematics for the self levelling and rear...
2
2

99 ford explorer air bags sensors
My girlfriend lost control of the suv and hit a tree almost center of the suv. Bumper of the suv is badly damaged and the hood of the vehicle buckled. she did have her seat belt on , thank god! she...
1
1

PATS Question
My son just got his Ranger (06) back from the dealer where they replaced the computer. In doing so, they gave him 2 new keys. He still has one of the original keys (it no longer starts the truck), can...
2
2

about 1998 explorer
Hi every body, I write you from france. I just learnt my 98 explorer would have been controlled by ford compagny because there is a problem with one of the distribution chain. but it has not been...
7
7

A/C repair for a 98 Explorer
The A/C in a 98 Explorer will not send out cold air. It just blows out hot air. When I take the car to a A/C repair shop, what should I expect? Would adding freon solve the problem? Does the...
7
7

Back up sensors
My back up sensors went out today. Any thoughts on how to get them working again? Thanks
2
2

94 Explorer Intake maintenance
I have been having an issue with spark knock...actually pinging on my 94 EB Explorer for some time now. Here is what has been happening to my explorer. Over the last year I have had to add coolant to...
27
27