'93 Sport Stereo Questions

My '93 Sport's original stock AM/FM/Cassette stereo has started making loud popping noises through the speakers when adjusting volume either up or down. It seems to do this the most loudly when cold. Does anyone in the group know what might cause this? I would like to replace with a CD player or maybe a remote changer. I realize that I could put any stereo in there, but want the factory look i.e.. clock, correct LCD colors dimming capability. As my wife has a '95 T-Bird, I am also more comfortable with the Ford buttonologly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Steve Reynolds

Reply to
Steve Reynolds