93 xlt stalls

My 93 XLT starts to shake and then stalls when I apply the brake. It does not do this all of the time. I might go for days and it runs fine. Then one day, I go to apply the brake, the engine starts to run very rough and eventually it dies. I have just replaced the pcv valve, the spark plugs, the aic valve, cleaned the MAF sensor. I don't know what else to try.

Reply to
Howard Mora

There exists a hose between the intake manifold and the vacuum assisted brake diaphram. This hose or the diaphpram may be cracked causing an intake leak only when the brakes are applied.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

If it dies when the brakes are applied I'd be checking the power brake booster, check valve, & hoses for leaks. If it stalls as a result of just letting your foot off the gas it may be the IAC valve.

Mike '94 XLT

Reply to
Mike