94 explorer transmission problem

My explorer worked fine, sat one night in the snow, and the next day transmission not working right? Reverse works, 2 works, 1 does not, drive and overdrive will not unless you start in 2, get the speed above need for 1st, and then switch to drive, then it works. When I stop I have to return to 2 to get started again. When in 2 and going 30 mph, if I drop it to 1, you can feel the engine slow the car down, but will not accelerate. Any Help????

Reply to
pkrause79