Rear windshield problem

98 XLT

I took my explorer in because the rear wiper would only work intermittently. They replaced the motor, said it may have been shorting out. Ever since then The wiper will not actually clean the window (yes I have replaced blade). It wipes the outer edges but does not make contact in-between. What can be happening?

Reply to
Bob Parkins

Lift the cover off where the arm connects to the shaft, remove arm, remove spring, and make sure the pivot pin is free and not bound up. Better yet, take it back to the repair shop/dealer, they should have checked the arm. Those pivot pins will bind up/corrode with time on the rear of most vehicles. wth

intermittently.

Reply to
wth

Reply to