96 Explorer remote program help

My only remote with a set of fresh batteries will not unlock/lock. Does anyone know how to program it to work?? John

Reply to
john

Turn ignition from Off to Run 5 times within 10 seconds, ending in RUN. All doors will lock and unlock to confirm programming mode. Within 20 seconds, press any button on the remote. Door locks will cycle to confirm programming.Within 20 seconds, press any button on the 2nd remote (up to 4 can be programmed). Turn ignition OFF. Locks will cycle to confirm end of programming.

Note: The Ford TSB I have says that there is no need to reprogram a remote after battery replacement. Maybe you got bad batteries or they are not in correctly or not making good contact?

Good luck, Red

Reply to
redbaroneIII