97 explorer

Rattle in dash how do I tear out dash

rattle on front passenger dash maybe near air bag can stop "vibration"BY PUSHING ON DAS

-- PHILIP34

View this thread:

Send from

PHILIP34

The passengers side air bag is easy to remove. I had a rattle in the same area on my 99, and it turned out to be a flexible vent hose that was rattling against the frame. To remove the airbag, use caution. Make sure you disconnect the battery and make sure you are discharged of any static electricity. And do not work directly in front of the airbag. Open the glove box and squeeze the sides inward to allow the glovebox to drop fully to allow access to the bottom of the airbag. If I remember there were 2 or 3 bolts holding the airbag plus the electrical connector.

Reply to
Mikepier