306 knocking

please can anyone help my out . ive just bought a 306 on a m plate 1.4 xn and when i turn the wheel it makes a hard knocking noise . could anyone give me any ideas what this could be please

-- ryan

View this thread:

Send from

ryan

when i turn the wheel it makes a hard knocking noise . could anyone give me any ideas what this could be please ?

wishbone rubbers or drop link arms.

Reply to
Chris

Isn't this what worn drive shaft u/j's are supposed to do?

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

th

-- ryan

View this thread:

Send from

ryan

u tell me .. ive never heard a noise like this before . its a really hard knockin noise but only when i turn the wheel one way . the wheel on the front drivers side can be easily rocked with ur hands from side to side . but there is no noise when i drive straight

-- ryan

View this thread:

Send from

ryan

knockin noise but only when i turn the wheel one way . the wheel on the front drivers side can be easily rocked with ur hands from side to side . but there is no noise when i drive straight .

Reply to
steveybaby2

cheers mate . that did help . i looked on the other side and found out the drive shaft was bent so will replace it and hope this fixes the problem . hopefully a new or used one from the scrapy wont cost too much

-- ryan

View this thread:

Send from

ryan