2005 Explorer Automatic Door Locks

I have a 2005 Explorer and have noticed a couple of bass-ackwards ways of dealing with the automatic door locks. This is the first car I've ever seen that does this:

First of all when you unlock the doors from the INSIDE, it only unlocks the driver door, unless you hit the unlock again. I unlock the doors or I think I did and I go around to the passenger side and, surprise, the door's locked. I have to go around to hit the button again. It should open all doors, all cars I've had or have driven open all doors.

Next, if you unlock the car from the OUTSIDE, open the doors and everything, and accidentally leave the keys inside, the car will lock itself again. I've never had a car that locked itself with the keys in it or after you've opened a door.

Does anyone know how to deal with this?

Reply to
straycat

I also have an '05 Explorer (Limited) and the unlock button unlocks all doors. The unlock on the key fob works as you describe - one push unlocks the driver's door, two pushes unlocks all doors. This is a safety thing to prevent allowing access to the car from the passenger side when you unlock the driver's door.

My doors do not lock themselves, whether or not the key is inside. Sounds like something is wrong here. If the vehicle is still in warranty, I would take it in and ask to have the concern corrected.

I have the keypad programmed so that I can >I have a 2005 Explorer and have noticed a couple of bass-ackwards ways of

Reply to
Big Shoe

Reply to
Ron Bozich