Radio shuts itself off

98 Explorer EB with high-end "Mach" radio (the one with the display issue) with Tape/CD/CD changer and steering wheel controls.

Recently the radio has begun shutting itself off all by itself. I turn it back on and it comes back but then shuts off a while later.

I don't think it's getting hot as it isn't on long or turned up too high. It seems to only happen sometimes but when it does happen it is persistent. IE: I took it out for a short trip and it shut off 6+ times. After it was parked and restarted it worked fine all the way home.

I was thinking the steering controls (sometimes they glitch) but there isn't an "off" button on there.

Any idea what could cause this?

Are there any "codes" on the radio I could look for (and how)?

Thanks.

Reply to
Al Williams

Had the same problem with mine awhile back, '98 EB also. Well, actually both problems. Once with the display and once with the 'shutting-off'. Both times replaced under warranty. So far so good with the second, or third??, replacement...

Good luck,

Steven

Al Williams wrote:

Reply to